Presentations at the Building Learning Communities 2008 Conference
Boston, MA, July 16-18, 2008
1.New Models of Learning for the21st Century : New Tech High School, [ Powerpoint 2000 file, 6.05 MB ]
2. Getting and Assessing 21st Century Knowledge and Skills, [ Powerpoint 2000 file, 4.4 MB ] [Note: Be patient downloading these files --it takes 2-5 minutes, even on a high speed connection]
Key Links for the New Tech High School Model
- Video: See what 21st Century Learning looks like at Sacramento New Tech High School and Napa New Tech High School in an award winning video from ASCD, "Learning through Projects".
- Soft Skills in Big Demand -- Interest in teaching students habits of mind for success in life is on the rise, by Catherine Gewertz, Education Week, June 12, 2007.
- Supporting 21st Century High Schools brochure
- Information on the New Technology High School Model -- Links to everything you ever wanted to know about the New Tech model.