profile of 21C district Shelby County Public Schools
September, 2018: What Should Your Graduates Know? Districts are making sure students are equipped with the tools and knowledge for success, by Michelle Healy, American School Board Journal , August 2018
September, 2018: What Should Graduates Know And Be Able To Do?, by Tom Vander Ark , Forbes Magazine, September 6, 2018
September, 2018: 5 Suggestions for Leaders: Developing a Portrait of a 21st Century Graduate, By Aaron Spence, Virginia Beach City Public Schools, and Ken Kay, EdLeader21, Dan Domenech Blog, AASA, September 6, 2018
:April, 2017 EdLeader21 launches new Profile of a Graduate Builder tool and gallery
Ignite presentation from the Minnetonka Public Schools (MN) at the EdLeader21 2015 Annual Event in Dallas, TX. See 2016 Ignite presentations at the EdLeader21 2016Annual Event, September 28-30, in Denver, CO: Rio School District (CA); Wake County Public Schools (NC); Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VA); Newberg Public Schools (OR); and Eagle County Public Schools (CO)
2016: Letters to Ollie's New Superintendent on 21st Century District
Transformation, by Ken Kay, AASA blog: Defining
a Vision for your District (Part 1); Focusing
on Pedagogy (Part 2); Focus
on Culture (part 3); Blog
December 7, 2015: Partnership for 21st Century Learning (P21) names 16 schools and 3 districts as 2016 exemplars. Districts include Catalina Foothills School District, AZ. Also see P21's full list of exemplar schools and districts and case studies.
December 3, 2015: The Minnetonka Framework for Deeper Learning IGNITE presentation at EdLeader21 Conference, Dallas, September 30, 2015 - Also see graphic recording by Rachel Brian.
October 1, 2015: Jeffco Public Schools' (Golden, CO) new Jeffco 2020 Strategic Plan
September 23, 2015: See the new 21C Bloomfield Hills (MI) High School: Pics at Twitter.
May 19, 2015: New 21st Century Strategic Plan and Framework from Boone County, KY
September, 2014: Featured 21st Century Learning District, Albemarle County Public Schools, VA
September, 2014: District Transformation Learning Walks & Study Tours
Century School Districts (Profiles Coming)*
Public Schools, MN.
- See Vantage, Advanced Professional Studies Program for juniors and seniors;
- Strategic Plan;
- Instructional Framework;
- The Minnetonka Framework for Deeper Learning IGNITE presentation at EdLeader21 Conference, Dallas, September 30, 2015 - Also see graphic recording by Rachel Brian.
Unified School District, AZ;
- Dysart Future Ready;
- Profile of a Career & College Ready Graduate;
- 21st Century Collaborative Network ;
- 21st Century Specialists: Innovative educators ;
- The 21st Century Collaborative Network in Dysart Unified School District,
- Blog by Superintendent Dr. Gail Pletnick, EdLeader21 public site;
- Integrating the 4 Cs, Blog by Superintendent Dr. Gail Pletnick, EdLeader21 public site.
- San Jose Unified School District, CA;
- Fairfax County Public Schools;
- Jeffco Public Schools, Golden, CO;
- Farmington Public Schools, CT ;
- Bloomfield Hills Schools, MI;
Arlington (OH) School District
- Springfield Public Schools, MO; SPS Learning Model
- Hilliard City Schools, OH; 2020 Strategic Plan ;
- OCM BOCES, Syracuse, NY; Project-Based Learning
- Ballston Spa Central School District, NY; Clean Technologies Early College HS
- Lucia Mar Unified School District, CA
- Ponca City Public Schools, OK
- Green Lake School District, Green Lake, WI; P21 Exemplar School District
- Newport News Public Schools, VA (Archival Page)
- Cleveland Heights - University Heights City School District, Ohio (Archival Page)
- Rio School District; 21st Century Learning
- Aptakisic-Tripp School District 102, IL; Learning Vision into Action (LVIA) 2015-2016
- Piner-Olivet Unified School District, CA; Maker Education Network K-12 (Sonoma County) ;
Carlos School District K-8, CA; Strategic
Learning (PBL); The
- School District of Brown Deer, WI; Transformation Resources
- Loudon County Public Schools, VA; Vision
20/20 Strategic Plan and Videos
* Disclosure: I am a Senior Education Consultant with Fielding Nair International, the architecture firm that designed the school.
* Note: This page is part of a larger project to profile exemplar and innovative 21st Century Schools and Districts in the U.S. and abroad. This list will be expanded to include other innovative 21st Century school districts. Criteria for inclusion in this list are:
Districts should contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in these innovative 21C school district profiles.
--Bob Pearlman, September, 2011 (Updated September, 2015)